Sunday, May 6, 2012

Nebraska Rose Gardens

Well, I'm on the road again, this time traveling south, on my way east! From the road not far from Valentine, I saw the most gorgeous roses in bloom. Unable to contain myself, I detoured up the lane, redolent with the fragrance of roses, and introduced myself to the elderly couple who came out of the house to investigate this total stranger. I explained I'm on a 60 day (or so) sabatical, making a journey across America to just see where it is that I live. I asked permission to snap some shots of their roses. They shook their heads at this crazy guy from Long Beach, Mississippi who was so enthralled with flowers, but gave me permission to take all the photos I wanted. They must have thought the early springtime sun had gotten to me, because they came back out with a glass of cold water, advising me to drink up!

Maurice Allen

Maurice Allen